Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Enlightenment

It is said children still remember the beauty of the collective (Buddha, Brahman, Heaven, Nirvana...) from which they came, and forget as they age.  Today I am convinced.  Izzie covered one of my eyes and said 'Mama, can you still see'?  I said 'a little bit, because the other eye is still open'.  She put her finger on my forehead, in-between my eyebrows and said 'don't worry Mom, this eye (location of the third eye) will open soon and you will be able to see better'.   

Max changed the words to head shoulders knees and toes today to add the word tushie -- prompting Soni to bite him in the tushie.... One might find these stories on the opposite end of the spectrum -- but I think they are just different ways of finding enlightenment -- Izzie seems to have chosen the philosopher's path, Max -- the path of humor, and Sonya.... 


 Help you? Help you? 



...this is Sonya's Nirvana. Put a crayon in her hand and ....

No comments:

Post a Comment